Coronavirus: Guidance for Patients & Visitors
In light of the rapidly evolving Coronavirus pandemic, and the increasing numbers of UK citizens affected, the clinic has implemented safety procedures for all visitors to ensure the Health and Safety of all employees, customers and visitors. We will keep this page up to date with the latest information about the virus and what actions, if any, we may need you to take
IMPORTANT: Please read before attending
1. Upon arrival, all visitors are immediately requested to undergo a non-contact forehead temperature check. If your temperature registers as over 38°C (100.4°F), we will request that you immediately return home and seek medical advice. If you decline, you will be asked to leave*.
2. Visitors are requested to confirm that they:
* Have not had any recent anosmia or cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (to include fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing).
* Have not returned to the UK in the last 14 days from an area listed in Public Health England’s Guidance.
* Have not been in contact with colleagues, family or friends who have returned from one of those areas or have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
3. All site visitors are expected to follow increased levels of personal hygiene. We request that all visitors:
* Wash hands-on arrival and departure
* Use hand sanitiser provided
* Avoid shaking hands and physical contact
4. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with a disposable paper face mask immediately before your appointment begins.
5. Please sit only in designated areas
We recommend that you continue to follow updates and latest advice on how to protect yourself through Government announcements, Public Health England and the NHS.
Further information can be found at these links:
Government advice: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Advice for travellers: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
* Our non-contact screening is carried out using a calibrated infrared thermometer. Should your forehead surface temperature scan at 38C or higher on three separate scans, we must consider the interests of the greater safety of our patients. Should you scan at 38C or refuse to be scanned, your visit will not be allowed to continue. While we understand that you may be disappointed with this decision, we have an obligation as a responsible employer to not only protect our staff, but in the substantial public interest to safeguard vulnerable persons who may be at risk. You may be assured that our decision is not made lightly, and must be weighed against the interests of public health
A record of the decision only will be noted on your patient records, kept securely and only shared or made accessible in limited circumstances where required by law. Such records will be deleted once this crisis is over (or if no longer relevant)
Our clinic has always operated under enhanced hygiene conditions. Our standard measures include:
Ultra AX and V1 antiviral disinfectant (available in our store) certified to BS-EN 14476 BS-EN 1276 + BS-EN 13697 effective against coronavirus 1m contact time (Ultra AX)
Verilux Cleanwave UV-C light wands for spot cleaning 30s duration
3M 4570 Protective coveralls for all clinicians, plus custom designed protective face shields
Air purifier in each treatment room
Sterilisation between each patient
Deep clean each morning and evening
In addition we have ensured:
Our support staff clear down the waiting, bathroom & and reception areas between each patient using V1 antiviral spray
Reception has a custom acrylic shield designed by our friends at FastSigns Hammersmith
We re-glove and sanitise between each patient