Coronavirus: Guidance for Patients & Visitors
Updated February 12th 2021
In light of the rapidly evolving Coronavirus pandemic, and the increasing numbers of UK citizens affected, the clinic has implemented safety procedures for all visitors to ensure the Health and Safety of all employees, customers and visitors. We will keep this page up to date with the latest information about the virus and what actions, if any, we may need you to take
IMPORTANT: We are in National Lockdown. To minimise potential risk please follow the guidelines below
This information will be reviewed on March 15th 2021
1. Please complete your New Patient form online before you arrive
2. On arrival, please sanitise your hands then proceed to the temperature scanner
3. Please follow the instructions on the screen: when asked, place the inside of your right wrist 1-3 cm away from the yellow reader
4. If the display flashes red (+38°C), we will request that you immediately return home and seek medical advice. If you decline to be scanned, you will be asked to leave*.
5. Try to bring only the essentials with you, and leave bulky clothing, bags or panniers at home or in the car.
6. Please attend unaccompanied; while we love our younger guests please be responsible and arrange for childcare before attending. We've temporarily suspended our services for under-18's.
7. If you're arriving by cycle, remember to bring your lock and be prepared to leave your bike outside the clinic.
8. On arrival you'll be given a fresh face mask, and this should be worn before entering the treatment room.
9. You'll also be given a pair of disposable shoe covers to wear over your socks. You can leave your shoes safely in the waiting area.
10. For your safety we're trying to keep contact times to a minimum, so while we will not rush your appointment we will endeavour to be as efficient as possible.
11. If the previous appointment is running a little late, please bear with us. While we're trying to limit exposure time for our clients and clinicians, the extra few minutes treating a stubborn ingrown nail can help avoid a trip to the GP or the need for antibiotics.
12. While we've allowed time for cleaning the room after each session, there may be times when we run over as we replenish supplies or sterilise all surfaces. Please be patient; your safety is our priority.
The most comprehensive source of information remains the UK government website, and we recommend that you continue to follow updates and advice on the national restrictions through Government announcements or the NHS.
We recommend that you download the NHS Covid-19 app and check in using the QR codes available throughout the clinic.
* Our non-contact screening is carried out using a calibrated face & wrist scanner. Should your temperature scan at 38C we must consider the interests of the greater safety of our patients. Should you scan at 38C or refuse to be scanned, your visit will not be allowed to continue. While we understand that you may be disappointed with this decision, we have an obligation as a responsible employer to not only protect our staff, but in the substantial public interest to safeguard vulnerable persons who may be at risk. You may be assured that our decision is not made lightly, and must be weighed against the interests of public health
A record of the decision only will be noted on your patient records, kept securely and only shared or made accessible in limited circumstances where required by law. Such records will be deleted once this crisis is over (or if no longer relevant)
Our clinic has always operated under enhanced hygiene conditions. Our standard measures include:
Ultra AX and V1 antiviral disinfectant (available in our store) certified to BS-EN 14476 BS-EN 1276 + BS-EN 13697 effective against coronavirus 1m contact time (Ultra AX)
Verilux Cleanwave UV-C light wands for spot cleaning 30s duration
3M 4570 Protective coveralls for all clinicians, plus custom designed protective face shields
Air purifier in each treatment room
Sterilisation between each patient
Deep clean each morning and evening
In addition we have ensured:
Our support staff clear down the waiting, bathroom & and reception areas between each patient using V1 antiviral spray
Reception has a custom acrylic shield designed by our friends at FastSigns Hammersmith
We re-glove and sanitise between each patient